We’re committed to having a positive impact on your business and the world in general.
Our commitment to sustainability
In all that we do, we strive to create a long-term balance between the economic, social and environmental concerns of our customers, our company and the communities in which we operate.
Reducing your environmental footprint
When you ship with us, you’re choosing one of the most environmentally friendly ways to transport your goods. As part of A.P. Moller - Maersk, we have clear goals to reduce our CO2 emissions – and have already identified ways to make a difference. These include operating more fuel-efficient vessels and using our rail network to reduce the number of trucks on the road.
We’re committed to:
- Operating our vessels more efficiently to further minimise environmental impact
- Continuously improving environmental performance through waste and pollution reduction, staff education and green technologies
- Meeting or exceeding environmental standards, as well as full compliance with all international, national and local legislation
Put your goods in safer hands
We put security at the heart of all that we do to ensure the highest levels of safety for people and property.
We’re committed to:
- Protecting your cargo through 24/7 vigilance to prevent breaches of security procedures associated with our operations
- Meeting the highest security standards by co-operating closely with the relevant authorities
- Ensuring that our security systems operate more effectively by continually reviewing and optimising our procedures
- Meeting or exceeding the highest industry security and safety standards for our customers and employees
Sustainability at Maersk
The Maersk Group is committed to ensuring that its business practices are safe, responsible and transparent, in accordance with the Maersk values and the principles of the UN Global Compact. The Group is also committed to contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Maersk takes action within its own business and establishes partnerships and other alliances to create new opportunities for faster progress on systemic sustainability challenges.
Maersk recognises that as an employer, business partner and active participant in local and global communities, it has a responsibility to drive sustainability forward.
Maersk works to mitigate any risk its business activities pose to local and global societies, and the risk sustainability issues pose to its business objectives.