Shipping in Albania
Import & Export
Whether you’re looking to import or export goods, Seago Line wants to make it easier for you to do business. Below you will find all the information you need on our import and export procedures, restrictions and new surcharge structure.
- Bookings – You can place your booking via our website. Our easy to use e-booking tool is our customers preferred way of placing bookings. Our experts at Customer Service can be contacted via e-mail (please see contact details) and/or by phone.
- Documentation – Any export licenses, permits and other documents are to be obtained by Shippers and/or Exporters.
- B/L clausing – No specific clausing is mandatory
- Unacceptable clauses - There might be peculiar L/C prescriptions (e.g. anti-dating of Bills of Lading etc.) which SeagoLine cannot adhere to. We encourage our customers to discuss documentation possibilities with our experts prior booking in order to check acceptability.
For shipments covered by letters of credit requiring a 'clean on board' clause we are able to provide an alternative statement, which is widely accepted by banks.
- Commodity – Living Plants for export from East Adriatic ports in DRY equipments are ONLY accepted on direct services (no transhipments are allowed).
- Special cargoes – Special cargo restrictions as follows:
- Arms/explosive IMO class 1 NOT accepted
- Radioactive cargo IMO class 7 NOT accepted
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
Freetime & sucharges
Demurrage and Detention
Our setup in Durres, Albania consists of one single element: Combined Demurrage & Detention.
This means you have one combined free time period and compensation for utilisation of equipment inside and outside of terminals or depots, referred to as Combined Demurrage & Detention.
COMBINED DEMURRAGE AND DETENTION
Combined demurrage and detention starts from gate -out empty day (included), ends with loading day (included) to vessel.
Note: Demurrage DRY and REEF (storage and electricity charged directly from the terminal)
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’/40’hc 45’DRY||20’ REEF||40’ REEF||IMO||Specials (OT/FR)|
|22nd - onwards||25||50||25||50||Same as Dry||Same as Dry|