Shipping in Bolivia
Procedure / Requirements
- Seaway Bill is not accepted in Bolivia.
- Bills of Lading must be printed with full details about the Ocean Freight (No BL “Freight as agreement” is accepted).
- Freight Collect in Bolivia is only accepted to a specific list of customers. For further information please contact customer service.
- Used cars and vehicles are only accepted if they are 2 years old or less. Starting Jan 2016, only vehicles 1 year old or less will be accepted.
- Dangerous Cargo (IMO Class 1.4) is accepted upon written approval of Bolivia agency. Please contact customer service for further information.
- No acceptance 20’ Reefer.
- Bolivia For cargo going to Bolivia, Bill of Ladings must read as follows: "CARGA EN TRÁNSITO A BOLIVIA" (meaning "Cargo in transit to Bolivia"). Clause "CARGA EN TRÁNSITO A BOLIVIA BAJO EL ART. 3 DEL DECRETO SUPREMO N° 25947" is only workable in B/Ls with final delivery place in Bolivia (Bolivia Store Door).
- For SD cargo to Bolivia following commodities are not accepted: Glass, cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, IMO cargo 1.4, 6.1 and others that require direct pick up from terminal , escort and fire department (fireworks , explosives , ammunition , weapons , chemicals for painting).
- All type of oversized cargo and all cargo exceeding 26 tons would be affected to additional costs depending on overweight.
- Cargo valued more over USD500000.00 is affected to extra costs depending on total value of the cargo, this will be included on the B/L.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Bolivia, please click here.