Shipping in Brazil
Procedure / Requirements
- Deadline Extension: For Late Arrival Request for Gate and/or Customs, please send an email to email@example.com;
- NCM (Harmonized Cargo code) is a mandatory information in all export BLs and must be inserted on cargo description field.
- DU-E/RUC/DDE – is a mandatory information in all export BLs, and need be mentioned on cargo description field.
- Shipper name and complete address, email, phone, and CNPJ are mandatory information in all BLs. Also consignee name with complete address, email, phone and Tax id are mandatory for all BLs.
- For all import, export, transhipment and transit (FROB) cargoes to/from Brazil, It’s mandatory to inform if package is wooden made and if it is fumigated, stating:
- Wooden Package used: Processed
- Wooden Package used: Treated / Certified
- Wooden Package used: Not Treated / Not certified
- If Shipping Instruction does not contain such information, we will consider there is no wooden package inside the container(s) mentioned on Bl.
- SEAL NUMBER is a mandatory information required by Customs to all cases, discharge in BRZ, T/S and FROB cargoes.
- For deadline, please click here.
- Routing and weight: For general information of routing guidelines or weight and measurement restrictions please check it with our Customer Service Department.
- Some hazardous cargo must have previous authorization from port authorities. Please check it with our customer service department firstname.lastname@example.org.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Brazil, please click here.