Shipping in Costa Rica
Procedure / Requirements
- Perishable reefer cargoes require prior approval of Customer Service Department.
- For more information, please contact Customer Service Department. (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- To request your empty container pick up for Store Door (SD) positionings please click here.
- Please click here to request your import manifest.
- Bank accounts for payments to Sealand Costa Rica:
At Banco Davivienda on behalf of Maersk Costa Rica S. A. Cédula Jurídica: 3-101-150205
• Colones: Para depósito: 91422103307 / Para transferencia: CR81010409142210330711
• Dólares: Para depósito: 91422103314 / Para transferencia: CR36010409142210331424
- For all container types and as per government regulation, the maximum weight accepted is 21.5 tons for cargo in chassis of 2 axles, overweight should be moved in chassis of 3 axles.
- Certain ozone-depleting substances and further chemical substances
- Pharmaceutical waste
- Certain insecticides and disinfectants
- Used pneumatic tires
- War vessels and weapons of war/arms for military purposes
- Certain toys
- Wild animal species for show purposes and public display
- Shark fin / shark meat
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Costa Rica, please click here.