Shipping in Denmark
Bill of lading clausing, documentation – No special clauses / restrictions apply.
Special Customs Requirements – An export declaration must be filed with customs and this is usually done by the shipper/exporter themselves. However, if necessary we can arrange it for you. Please ask our Customer Service team for the current prices.
- Weight and measurement – For general information on weight and measurement restrictions please contact your local Sealand Maersk office. The general road limitations are 48 mt for truck, chassis, cargo and tare weight of container, which in reality means that most containers can be loaded to the max payload. Special cargoes – There are generally no restrictions, though for trucking to inland points special permits may be needed (dependent on the actual oversize, so please inquire). For dangerous cargo the dangerous cargo papers must be provided and approved at the time the booking is placed. Please ask our Customer Service team for exact details.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
- Demurrage = container rental inside the terminal + terminal storage.
- Detention = container rental outside the terminal.
- Calculations are based on calendar days, and the amount is per day.
- Non-operating reefers (NORs) are charged as DRY containers.
- Reefer demurrage includes plug-in/electricity charges.
- Shipper’s Own Containers (SOC) are not subject to detention.
Demurrage starts the same day as container is gated in (full). It ends the same day as container is loaded on the vessel.
Detention starts the same day as container is gated out (empty). It ends the same day as container is gated in (full).
Demurrage and Detention - Export Tariffs
Effective date: 1st of June 2019.
|Days (Demurrage)||20'||40'/45'||Days (Detention)||20'||40'/45'|
REEFERS, FLAT RACKS and OPEN TOPS
|Days (Demurrage)||20'||40'||Days (Detention)||20'||40'|