Shipping in Dominican Republic
Procedure / Requirements
Special customs requirements
- For cargo release, customer must present to DR Customs: 2 OBL's, commercial invoice and packing list and payment of the corresponding duties.
- All manifest must be translated in to Spanish.
- Special cargo: OOG and IMO cargo are subject to standard SeaLand & Port Authorities approval procedures.
- Used Cars older than 5 years cannot be imported.
- All imports with freight collect payable in the DR must be authorized by SeaLand’s Finance Department.
- Seaway Bill NOT accepted for BCO customers. Only for forwarders (as they will present their House BL to customs) and the cargo which is declared as "In transit". TELEX RELEASE NOT ACCEPTED.
- As a DR Custom’s requirement, only SeaLand is allowed to handle In-Transit Cargo to Haiti. Cargo will be taken to Port-Au-Prince only.
- Cargo in Transit to Haiti should not exceed 26 tons per container
- General Weight Limit: 35 Tons max weight allowed at port including tare weight.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in the Dominican Republic, please click here.