Shipping in El Salvador
Procedure / Requirements
- After arrival, it is kindly requested that the following documentation is provided to our local import department for dispatch arrangements:
- Original bill of lading.
- Complete request in the form provided locally.
- For food products, reefer and hazardous cargo, it is also required that the customer provides the proper permits additional to the above documentation.
- Documentation Requirements:
- Original Bill of Lading (B/L) is mandatory to release cargo. If B/L is printed at origin, shipper must send to consignee at least one (1) original B/L in order to release import cargo.
- Bill of Lading Clause: Seaway bill, Telex release, and a dummy of the Bill of Lading are not acceptable
- Weight must be in kilos and measurement in cubic meters (CBM).
- Local Consignee or Notify Party is required in El Salvador. One container cannot have two B/L with different consignees. If the consignee is a freight forwarder, the NIT should be included
- No amendments to weight and/or quantities after cargo has been manifested. Weights and quantity must be amended at least 3 working days before vessel arrival. Any special request please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Maximum allowed weight if 21.5 Metric tons.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in El Salvador, please click here.