Sealand Customs Services in Belgium
Import Customs Clearance
Standard Full Customs Declaration, paying Duty & VAT upon arrival in the country in scope to gain release of the cargo for onward delivery.
- Import customs clearance
- Simplified customs clearance
- Customs and sanitary inspections
Export Customs Clearance
Standard Declaration to Customs to gain permission to export outside of the EU.
- EX – A / EU – A documents
- Certificates of origin / EUR.1
A transit document allows the free movement of containers through European territories, suspending the payment of Duty and VAT until the destination.
- T2L (EU origin) issuing + clearance
Additional Sealand Customs Services
- Customs Quick Health Scan – A high level risk and control assessment of the customers business highlighting potential gaps and providing support and solutions where required.
- Peak Volume Management Programme – Assistance with daily Sealand Customs activities when the customer needs it most.
- Origin and Free Trade Agreements – Awareness and guidance on FTA’s preferential origins.
- Classification Management – An overview of current Classification Databases or a Full End-to-end Reclassification Programme from our trained specialists.
* Costs will vary depending on the type of business, size and requirement – please refer enquiries to Sealand Maersk.
What is required to complete Sealand Customs Services?
Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / Power of Attorney (POA)
Signed by the Trader and on Company Letter Headed paper. This grant’s permission for Damco to complete SCS on behalf of the Trader and provides the required details to enable internal account creation.
Direct Representation Authorisation / Power of Attorney are between the Trader and Portmade Customs NV – Belgium.
Portmade Customs NV will submit the customs clearance towards Belgium customs, not Damco
- Signed Direct Representation Authorisation / POA
- Comercial Invoice (s)
- Packing List (s)
- Classification Number/ HS code
- Copy of the Bill of Lading
Additional Documents (where applicable)*
- Health Certificates
- Preferences Certificates
The trader must have a valid EORI and VAT number to hold a solid audit trail with customs authority and tax office and to be eligible to claim back any potential VAT paid.
* Originals to be submitted to Damco where necessary.
- Portmade Customs NV will submit the customs clearance towards Belgium customs, not Damco.
- HS code provided by Customer.
- Not included: Phyto documentation/inspections; Health Certificate; Scanning; Physical inspections; drayage, port charges, demurrage and detention, port transit documentation, classification or additional consultancy services.
- Subject to Damco Trading Conditions.
- Use of Portmade Customs NV deferment Account is subject of capital advance fees.