Shipping in Haiti
Procedure / Requirements
- Bill of Lading: All collect amounts must be paid in full to obtain BL. Local charges such as Floating Pier Surcharge must be paid at destination.
- All Importers must submit their declarations to customs within 21 days. After this freetime a penalty will apply.
- Original BL is required to clear Customs. No dummy BLs/ are accepted for any purpose.
- Weight must be in kilos and measurements in cubic meters (CBM).
- Manifest must be presented 48 hours prior to vessel arrival.
- Amendments CAN’T be done once cargo has been manifested.
- No Short shipments allowed. For cargo release, customer must present to Haiti Customs: 2 OBLs, commercial invoice and packing list and payment of the corresponding duties.
- No collect charges accepted by destination for humanitarian help, diplomatic and government cargo.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Haiti, please click here.