Shipping in Lebanon
- Bill of lading clausing, documentation – No special clauses / restrictions apply.
- Special Customs Requirements – An export declaration must be filed with customs and this is usually done by the shipper/exporter themselves.
- Weight and measurement – For general information on weight and measurement restrictions please contact your local Seago Line office. The general road limitations are 48 mt for truck, chassis, cargo and tare weight of container, which in reality means that most containers can be loaded to the max payload.
- Special cargoes – There are generally no restrictions. For dangerous cargo the dangerous cargo papers must be provided and approved at the time the booking is placed. Please ask our Export Customer Service team for exact details.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
Services, surcharges and fees
|Local surcharges 2015 - Lebanon||Currency||Amount||Rate basis||Description|
|Change of Destination||USD||300||Per Container||
This is a service provided by carrier upon the customer’s request to amend the destination/delivery after a container is gated in at the port of origin, but prior to the arrival at the port of discharge.
This service will not apply in the following scenarios:
- Return shipment
- Inland change request
- Extending inland haulage (Imports process)
Seago Line may refuse this service if it is not operationally possible, or if any regulatory limitations exist
|Manual Documentation Processing Fee||USD||20||Per Bill of Lading (B/L)||
This fee covers the additional administration required to process shipping instructions received via non e-channel. These are known as manual booking channels.
Manual booking channels are: fax, e-mail, posted mail, and telephone.
The fee is applicable when documentation is received by the carrier via manual booking channels.This will be in addition to the MBF charge if the shipment is also booked via manual booking channels.
|Transport Documentation Amendment Fee||USD||20||Per Bill of Lading (B/L)||
A fee that covers the additional cost when the carrier is requested to make changes to the Transport Document (B/L).
These changes could include:
- Consignee Details
- Cargo Description.
Please note that there might be restrictions on how late in the shipment process the carrier is able to arrange for an amendment, e.g. after the containers related to the Transport Documents (TPDoc) are loaded, or if the import procedures have begun. Not all amendment requests may be feasible.
Demurrage: None. This is settled between the customer and port officials.
Manual Documentation Fee
From November 1st 2016, all shipping instruction submissions for your shipments must be submitted through My.Seagoline.com or any other online platform (EDI, INTTRA etc.).
In case that you still wish to submit the shipping instructions manually, a Manual Documentation Fee (MDF) is applied.