Shipping in Myanmar
Demurrage & Detention
Myanmar General IMPORT Restriction:
* List of restrictions for cargo IMPORT to Myanmar:
WTO’s GATT, Article XX and XXI, permit WTO members to prohibit the importation of certain articles that endanger public morals, threaten human, plant or animal life, involve the importation of gold and silver, arms and ammunition, and similar items. Prohibited goods cannot be imported, exported, transited, sold or circulated in Myanmar. The Department of Trade of the Ministry of Commerce has exercised its rights under these GATT provisions to prohibit the following importations:
- Counterfeit currency and coins
- Pornographic material
- All kinds of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances
- Playing cards
- Goods bearing the emblem of Buddha and pagodas of Myanmar
- Arms and ammunition
- Antiques and archeologically valuable items
- Wildlife endangered species
- Other prohibited commodities in accord with existing law
If in doubt you should seek advice from the Directorate of Trade of the Ministry of Commerce.
Weight / Measurement:
There are no limitations in any port as long as the weight does not exceed maximum allowable payload as per Container Safety Certificate (CSC) plate.
Maersk must approve for acceptance beyond Container Yard (CY) due to road and bridge limitations.
Special Cargoes: Out-Of-Gauge (OOG), Break-Bulk (B/B), and Hazardous Cargo subject to Maersk/Sealand's procedure and approval.