Shipping in Panama
Procedure / Requirements
- Customs and quarantine requirements: Customer must present one original Bill of Lading, commercial invoice, a customs clearance document (Liquidacion de Aduana) for Colon Freezone, delivery Freezone document duly completed.
- Import zoo-sanitary or phito-sanitary and origin certificates for unprocessed animal and vegetal product.
- To see import formats click here
- All imports are processed by the Electronic Release platform as follows:
- Login with your username and password to the platform www.liberacionesmaersk.com If you do not have a user, please send the request to the following email Customerservice@sealandmaersk.com
- Check / ACH / Deposit slip must be attached on the electronic platform.
- Must have the Bill of Lading Original or Sea Waybill COPY where the stamp will be printed
- All inquiries related to the customs manifesto, rectifications, updating indicators and changes in the SIGA should be addressed to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org Also, you can contact our SIGA team at the following number for further details: +507 206-2251 o +507 206-2282
- Bank accounts for payments to Sealand Panama:
- Detention Payment, Connection, Collect Charges (freight): Bank account number: 0550381087- Citi Bank - Maersk Panamá, S.A.
- Payments for replacement of Delivery Order, Return of Empty Equipment at MIT discharge full at Balboa: Bank account number: 0550381052- Citi Bank- Maersk Panamá, S.A
- Weight Restrictions. Before leaving the port facilities, containers are weighed in order to establish conformance with the overall weight restriction norm 37,000 Kgs. Weight restriction is determined for overall weight put on road surface, meaning: weight truck + weight truck driver + tare chassis + tare chassis/flatbed + weight genset + weight container + weight cargo, which must not exceed 37,000 kgs (81,400 lbs).
Authorities grant a 5% tolerance. However, the distribution of the cargo inside the container is also a determining factor, as, in addition per-axle limitations exist and are enforced.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Panama, please click here.