Shipping in Peru
Procedure / Requirements
- Import customs manifest must be submitted to customs 96 working hours prior vessel arrival. All non-manifest cargo will be seized by local customs.
- Any Doc amendment required less than 4 working days prior to vessel arrival is subject to destination approval. Otherwise customs could apply fines to carrier and/or customers.
- If cargo is NOT cleared in the next 30 days of vessel arrival, this is automatically considered as ‘Legal Abandonment’ so Peruvian customs can proceed with auction of the cargo.
- Max legal road weight limit is 32 Tons including, container and tare. Weight must be shown in Kgs / measurements must be shown in Cubic Meters.
- Fireworks are allowed only with special permission by Peruvian government.
- Used tires are NOT allowed to import. Ref Law No 003-97-SA
- Used clothes are not allowed. Just donations are allowed.
- Used cars are not allowed to be imported with more thatn 5 years of antiquity.
Demurrage / Detention / Free time
To view the detailed information for Demurrage and Detention in Peru, please click here.