Shipping in Russia (West)
Demurrage and Detention
Name of the period
Export Demurrage period
day when laden container has been delivered to the terminal (gate in date)
day when laden container has been loaded from the terminal to the vessel
Export Detention period
day when empty container has been picked up from the Agent (gate out date)
day when laden container has been delivered to the Agent (gate in date)
Russia ports free-time and surcharges:
Local Export Tariff
Please, click here to find Pick up tariffs starting 01.02.2019
Please, click here to find Pick up tariffs starting 01.01.2019
Please, click here to find Pick up tariffs starting 01.12.2018
Please, click here to find Pick up tariffs starting 01.11.2018
Please, click here to find Pick up tariffs starting 01.10.2018
Booking acknowledgement confirms receipt of the booking request by the Sealand Customer Service and contains preliminary transport plan which is still subject to space and equipment availability. For units, arriving to St Petersburg port by rail, containers numbers are mandatory.
Release of empty equipment for export
Equipment forecast should be submitted every Monday at 17-00 pm latest. This means that forecasted equipment can be released to customers beginning from Monday of next week, subject to equipment availability.
Export vessels deadlines
Please contact Local Customer Service in order to find vessels dealines.
We ask you to submit Transport Document Instructions (TDIs) in accordance with the deadlines established by your local Sealand office. Timely TDIs provide us with the information that needs to be submitted to the EU Member States’ customs in accordance with the deadlines established by the customs authorities. Failure to submit the shipping instructions within the set deadlines may delay the cargo manifest submission and that could prevent your cargo to be loaded on the scheduled vessel as per your booking request, as well as possible fines and/or penalties imposed by customs. Additionally, the TDI should contain accurate and complete data in accordance to EU customs regulation requirements. Should you have any questions please contact your local Sealand office.
Bills of lading originals
You can print out Bills of Lading originals in your office. For more details please contact your local Sealand office.
- Commodity: N/A.
- Weight and measurement: Maximum acceptable payload is 25 metric tons (payload for some 20 DC is less than 25M).
- Special cargoes:
- Oversized / Dangerous cargo is accepted on case by case basis and subject to Sealand approval.
- Hazardous cargo and special cargo (e.g scrap metal) are not accepted at Baltiysk terminal, Kaliningrad.
- Lashing scheme and routing coordination with State departments of oversized cargo dispatch procedure may take up to 3 weeks for all Russian ports. The customer is responsible for demurrage occured in the relay port. Export shipments of oversized cargo are allowed provided that Terminal approval is obtained in advance.
- Excise commodities: Subject to Sealand approval. Port acceptance CY only.
- Increasing coefficient (1.5) is applying to the following rates:
- Extra move in the yard for whatsoever reason (survey)
- Operations with cargo carried out for commercial purpose (examination, weighting, restuffing)