Shipping in Ukraine
IMO classes 1 (Explosives) and 7 (Radioactive materials) are not acceptable in Ukraine.
IMO classes 1 - 8 are not acceptable in Odessa port due to handling limitations on the terminal starting from 24 September 2007.
For hazardous and Out Of Gauge (OOG) cargo inland haulage rate details please contact our Sales department.
Equipment availability - Standard equipment 20 DRY, 40 DRY, 40 HIGH, 45 HIGH) is normally available in Odessa and Ilyichevsk ports and at off-docks near the ports. Special equipment Open top, Flat rack, Reefer containers) should be pre-ordered via your sales representative.
Empty equipment release
Once booking has been confirmed by Customer Service department you should apply to Intermodal (UKROPSINT@maersk.com or UKROPSEQU@maersk.com or phone voice menu – 8) for empty equipment release:
There are 3 ways to get empty containers for your booking:
Open a drop-off for empty units on any land terminal (lift-on is paid directly to termnal)
Request should be sent to UKROPSINT@maersk.com or UKROPSEQU@maersk.com showing following information:
a. Type and Quantity of containers needed
b. Booking number
c. Terminal address, PIC name, contact details, working hours
d. Every day before 10-00 and 17-00 terminal representative should provide to Intermodal department a report showing balance of still needed units, quantity of entered containers, date and time of entrance, and booking to which they should be linked.
- Using import containers for export cargo loading as ‘back-haulage’. Request should be sent to UKROPSINT@maersk.com and UKROPSEQU@maersk.com showing container numbers, booking number(s) and date when status changed to export. Units can be taken for export and loaded with export cargo only against Intermodal department approval.
Pick-up units fm any of MAERSK Line depots (lift-on is paid to SEAGO Line as per tariff) Request should be sent to UKROPSINT@maersk.com or UKROPSEQU@maersk.com showing container type and quantity, booking number(s), name of company which will give a trucker letter of attorney to pick-up requested units, truck/driver details(optional) and preferred area of pick-up (Odessa or Ilyichevsk). Intermodal department is sending an electronic release message to Depot keeping in CC customer’s representative responsible for pick-up. Truck driver should obligatory have Letter Of Attorney to pick-up empty units and booking number to get empty containers.
Local procedures - For export containers carried through Odessa port in one loading order only one booking can be mentioned. Quantity of containers is not limited.
- In cases when confirmed shipment is cancelled, postponed or decreased in number of containers within period of 10 days before vessel ETA No show fee (cancelation fee) usd 50 per container is applied. In case 11th day before vessel ETA is a non-working day weekend or national holiday) then booking cancellation or change is to be requested not later than the last working day before weekend or national holiday.
- Due to inaccurate cargo weight indication in bookings we continuously faced serious operational challenges. This had limited us in accepting additional cargo. Since 15th of August, 2009 Weight discrepancy fee usd 75 per B/L was implemented. Weight discrepancy fee is invoiced when B/L cargo gross weight differs from booked weight by more than 10% greater or lower) but difference should not be less than 2 tonns.
- Manual shipping instructions or manual bill of lading/sea waybill to be sent to Global service centre (BOMGSCIDX@maersk.com) . Manual shipping instruction fee is usd 25 per bill of lading/sea waybill. Amendment of non-issued bill of lading/sea waybill within 24h after vessel departure is free of charge. Amendment of non-issued bill of lading/sea waybill after 24h after vessel departure is subject to transport document amendment fee usd 25 per bill of lading/sea waybill. Amendment of issued bill of lading/sea waybill is subject to transport document amendment fee usd 50 per bill of lading/sea waybill. All above mentioned does not refer to shipping instructions submitted or amended via website.
- When the customer submits Shipping Instructions after documentation cut off date Late Transport Documentation Fee usd 50 per bill of lading is applicable. The charge will not apply if delays are caused due to Maersk Line errors. If you face any difficulties while submitting shipping instructions you are welcome to contact us.
Vessels certificates - Please find below a Transport Statements/Certificate example which includes all the clauses which can be produced in requested certificates. If a certificate request cannot be met by clauses mentioned in this example it can not to be accepted.
Demurrage and Detention
Detention starts the day after the empty pick up day (included), ends with gate-in day (included) in terminal
Effective 1 January 2017, our Detention tariff charges for export will be:
|Type||DRY||Flat & Open top||REEF|
|Days after free time expiration||20’ DRY||40’DRY||Flat & Open|
|As from 15th day||Usd 20||Usd 40||Usd 100|
|Days after free time expiration||20’ REEF||40’REEF|
|6th - 11th day||Usd 60||Usd 60|
|12th - 30th day||Usd 120||Usd 120|
|As from 31stday||Usd 220||Usd 220|
Demurrage (included Electricity for REEF)
Demurrage starts from gate-in day (included) on the terminal, ends with loading day (included) to vessel
|Freetime Days||14||7 (ODS / ILJ) 14(YUZ)|
|Days after free time expiration||Dry||Chornomorsk||Yuzhniy|
|8th - 14th day||Usd 0||Usd 26.4||Usd 0|
|As from 15th day||Usd 5||Usd 41.4||Usd 15|
Idle detention fee
Idle detention fee starts when container was taken for export and the rejected for usage.
|Container type||$ per day|
|Special Equipment (REEF, FLAT, OT)||100|