New container protect for all Ocean imports into Germany and Belgium
At Sealand – A Maersk Company your needs always come first. That’s why we are continuously trying to simplify the way you do business with us. Container damages can happen at any stage of your supply chain, so we decide to introduce a new product to ensure you will not be liable for any damaged equipment (within the coverage limit) and will be protected against financial losses.
As of 1st of April a new surcharge called Container Protect Essential will come into effect, applicable to all shipments imported into Germany and Belgium as part of your destination charges.
Container Protect Essential
- Belgium import: 15 EUR / container*
- Germany import: 30 EUR / container*
- It is a new product included in quotations as part of our standard offering.
- New charge covers container repair and cleaning cover up to EUR 300.
- For non-Spot bookings the effective date is from the 1st April Price Calculation Date (PCD).
- For Spot bookings the effective date is 1st April for Estimated Time of Departure (ETD) at the booking confirmation date.
Meanwhile, we will also introduce a new value-added service, called Container Protect Unlimited, which is optional but provides unlimited coverage. You can learn more about Container Protect Unlimited from your local Sales team.
Remember, our local Customer Service teams in Germany and Belgium are always available to support in case of additional questions.